And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Moses and motorcycles

 1 Moses answered, “What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, ‘The LORD did not appear to you’?”
10 Moses said to the LORD, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”
 13 But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.”
Exodus

I have a motorcycle which I have not ridden lately.  I have become afraid.  Afraid of falling, afraid of crashing, afraid of looking stupid.  God keeps nudging me to get on the bike and ride.  He thinks it would be good for me.  I can think of other things that would be better for me.  God believes I can do the former without neglecting the later. 

Moses was called to an amazing journey and he was afraid.  God confronted his fear with miracles appropriate to the task Moses was expected to do.  His staff changed into a snake.  His hand was covered with leprosy then healed. God did not allow Moses’ fear to deter him.  God pressed on to plans Moses could not imagined.

Surely if God ask us to do a small thing we should avoid analyzing it and determining within ourselves if it is important.  Stop trying to hide out fear in excuses and business.  Even though I know what I should do, I still need God’s help to get it done, so I pray about small things.

Dear Lord, it is a small thing to ride a motorcycle.  You are God of small things, large plans, and great miracles. Help me to let go of my fear and anxiety.  Teach me to trust You in all I do.  Allow me to walk and ride with confidence down the path You have prepared.  Give me the certainty that Your miracles will be comparable to the task given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment