And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?



Thursday, December 30, 2010

Drunkards and gluttons

I want to Party!

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’  Matthew 11v19

I don’t want to be a glutton or a drunkard.  I want to live my life so that I am accused of being a drunkard and a glutton while doing the will of God.  Yes I even want to be friends with tax collectors and sinners.  Not to become one, but to befriend them and lead them down a road where Jesus travels. 

Dear Lord let me understand how to dance the way Jesus dances, to befriend people the way Jesus befriends people.  Fill my soul with so much joy of the Spirit that I am accused of being  a drunkard.

No comments:

Post a Comment