And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?



Saturday, January 16, 2016

Under His Wings

He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
Psalms 91:4

I take great pleasure in knowing God wants to protect me. As a hen calls her chicks to herself and spreads her wings to cover them so God would protect me. When there is trouble to great for me to confront, such as a hawk in the sky, God will call me.  He watches the skies for danger while I play in the yard and he calls me when danger comes to close. It is comforting to know God is always watching around me and He sees things I do not understand.

He is also a shield which stands in front of me. He is faithful to stand between me and my enemies, whatever they may be. He was there when the car wreck almost happened.  He is watching in the storm. The time I slipped but didn’t fall down the steps, he was there. There is no way of knowing how many things did not happen in my life because God was there.

A bulwark is a fortified wall or defensive rampart. It is something very strong used to protect from enemies. God is the strongest being in the universe, stronger than a fort or an army. He is stronger than the sun or the stars in the sky. The universe is God’s handiwork. Nothing is stronger than Him. Anything which frightens me is weak compared to my God.  

The world is a dangerous place these days.  There is much to worry and fret over; war, terrorist, mass murders. But God is stronger than all of it and all of them. There is no situation that God cannot control. From the smallest inconvenience to the biggest threat, God is there. Sometimes watching the news it seems God is far away or has forgotten us. But the bible tells me He is here with me watching over me. If I call to him when the day is dark, he is there. Reach for him and trust Him more than the thing around me. He will always be here, with me.


Dear Lord, lead me and guide all the days of my life. Teach me to lean on you no matter what is happening. Be my strength, my shield, my bulwark.

No comments:

Post a Comment